GENERAL

KBS AWAITS REPORT ON DAMAGE TO FACILITIES DUE TO FLOODS

29/11/2025 08:02 PM

MELAKA, Nov 29 (Bernama) -- The Ministry of Youth and Sports (KBS) is still awaiting a full report on the extent of damage to sports facilities under its supervision following the floods and Tropical Storm Senyar that have affected several states, said its Deputy Minister, Adam Adli Abdul Halim.

He said the ministry has so far received only preliminary reports involving damage to facilities in states such as Terengganu, Perlis and parts of Perak.

“As of yesterday, the Terengganu Youth and Sports Complex and the Perlis Youth and Sports Department (office)  were reported to be flooded. The situation at both locations is being monitored, and a detailed damage assessment will be carried out.

“For other affected states and locations, we are still collecting data and awaiting confirmation from the respective state authorities. The overall damage estimate has yet to be determined,” he told reporters after officiating the Kembara Jumpa Orang Muda (Kembara Jom) 2.0 Southern Zone programme in Bukit Katil here today.

However, he said KBS is currently prioritising the welfare and immediate needs of the people affected by the disaster rather than the losses involving facilities and assets.

“Right now, our sports complex is flooded, but that can be repaired or dealt with later. What matters most is the surrounding community that has been affected and requires immediate assistance.

“That is why we promptly activated the MADANI-SATRIA Rakan Muda Ihsan Squad to support post-flood operations in the affected areas. So far, 40 volunteers have been deployed to Kuala Kangsar to carry out cleaning work at the homes of flood victims and to assist at relief centres,” he said.

He added that based on experience, the squad is now better prepared, including by increasing the capacity of aid kits with additional food supplies and implementing more efficient and systematic mobilisation.

Meanwhile, commenting on the Kembara Jom 2025 programme, he said KBS would continue to use the platform to better support and understand the needs of young people.

Since its launch in July, the programme has covered six zones, with Melaka as the final stop, and has attracted 5,464 participants through its Town Hall sessions.

Adam Adli said the initiative is also expected to nurture more youth leaders.

“We want to give young people a platform to express themselves, and this programme is proof that their voices are being heard.

“Moving forward, we plan to expand it by organising a Jamboree-style event next year in two locations, where youths can showcase their talents, explore their potential and gain new experiences,” he said.

--BERNAMA


 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2025 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy