SEOUL, April 2 (Bernama-Yonhap) -- The death toll from South Korea's worst-ever wildfires that ravaged the southeastern regions until last week has increased to 31, authorities said on Wednesday, Yonhap News Agency reported.
The Interior Ministry said one person who sustained serious injuries from wildfires in North Gyeongsang Province died during treatment, raising the total number of fatalities to 31. Eight others were seriously injured, and 36 sustained minor injuries.
The wildfires damaged 4,015 houses, 1,914 agricultural and livestock facilities, seven temples, and 986 other structures.
About 48,000 hectares of woodland in 11 regions were scorched, displacing 3,307 people.
As of 5 pm on Tuesday, the total amount of donations towards recovery efforts had reached 76.92 billion won (US$52.2 million).
-- BERNAMA-YONHAP