KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 18 (Bernama) -- A total of 34 premises owners in Lorong Haji Hussein, Chow Kit, here are requesting that the order for their relocation to the Raja Bot Market Complex be deferred until its development project is fully completed.
Minister of Investment, Trade, and Industry Datuk Seri Johari Abdul Ghani, who is also Titiwangsa MP, said that while most traders agreed with the move, they wanted the project completed first to ensure the continuity of their businesses.
“Before moving to the new location, the Raja Bot Market Complex must be fully completed, as it has been abandoned for nearly 10 years.
“If small traders are moved in at this time, no one will be able to do business because construction work is still ongoing,” he said in a Facebook post today.
He said the matter would be brought to the attention of Kuala Lumpur Mayor Datuk Seri Fadlun Mak Ujud.
Previously, issues arose regarding traders at the Raja Bot Market, better known as Chow Kit Market, who were not yet ready to relocate to the complex for restructuring due to fears of declining sales caused by a lack of customers.
-- BERNAMA
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial