GENERAL > NEWS

FLOODS IN MELAKA FULLY RESOLVED, EVACUEE NUMBERS DECLINE IN EIGHT STATES

30/11/2025 07:46 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 30 (Bernama) -- Floods in Melaka have completely receded, while the number of evacuees at temporary relief centres (PPS) in eight states continued to decline as at 4 pm today.

In MELAKA, the State Disaster Management Committee (JPBN) Secretariat said in a statement that three PPS, which accommodated 62 victims from 16 families, were fully closed this afternoon.

It said the PPS at the Ayer Limau State Legislative Assembly Development and Coordination Committee (Japerun) office ceased operations at 3 pm, while the centres at Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Ayer Jernih and Balai Raya Kampung Seri Jeram were closed at 2.30 pm.

In KEDAH, the number of flood victims decreased significantly to 416 from 1,072 this morning, with six PPS currently shutting down as of 5 pm.

According to the Kedah JPBN, the remaining evacuees from the Kubang Pasu district are still taking shelter at three PPS, namely Dewan Kodiang, SK Padang Pekan and SK Tunjang.

TERENGGANU also recorded a sharp drop in the number of flood victims, with the latest figure at 2,634 people, down from 5,856 this morning.

According to the Social Welfare Department’s (JKM) InfoBencana portal, all evacuees are still housed at 81 PPS across seven districts, with Kuala Terengganu registering 884 victims, Marang (574), Kuala Nerus (341), Setiu (291), Dungun (208), Kemaman (202) and Hulu Terengganu (134).

In NEGERI SEMBILAN, the InfoBencana portal reported that the number of flood victims fell to 105 individuals from 127 this morning, with all of them taking shelter at three PPS.

In PERAK, which still has the highest number of flood victims, the situation has also improved, with the total declining to 5,920 people from 6,420 earlier. They are currently housed at 42 PPS in five districts.

According to the JPBN Secretariat, one PPS, Surau An-Nur Hidayah in the Muallim district, was closed at 2 pm today.

In PAHANG, the number of evacuees has declined slightly to 1,132 from 1,390 previously, and all remain sheltered at 36 PPS in seven districts.

However, river levels at three locations remain above the danger mark, namely Sungai Pahang at Sungai Triang near the Railway Bridge in Bera (35.16 m), Sungai Pahang at Waterfront, Bera (28.72 m) and Sungai Pahang at Kuala Krau, Temerloh (40.13 m).

In PERLIS, the number of flood victims dropped to 3,577 people from 4,266 this morning after three more PPS were closed, leaving only 15 centres still active in Kangar, Arau and Padang Besar.

The flood situation in KELANTAN is also stabilising, with only one district still affected, namely Pasir Mas, involving 1,026 victims compared to 1,850 this morning, housed at four PPS.

In SELANGOR, the number of victims decreased to 3,203 from 3,646 this morning, and they remain housed at 35 PPS in Kuala Selangor, Sepang, Kuala Langat and Sabak Bernam.

-- BERNAMA

 

 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2025 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy