KUALA LUMPUR, April 5 (Bernama) -- Traffic congestion along the Kuala Lumpur-Karak (KLK) Expressway is expected to continue until tomorrow night, as people return to the federal capital after celebrating Hari Raya Aidilfitri in their hometowns.
A Malaysian Highway Authority (MHA) spokesperson said traffic remains heavy and slow-moving along the Lanchang to Lentang stretch as of tonight.
“Traffic along the KLK Expressway is still congested, but the flow towards the Gombak Toll Plaza heading to Kuala Lumpur is smooth and under control,” the spokesperson told Bernama.
The MHA also reported that traffic from the north heading into the Klang Valley is heavy but still moving steadily, including on routes from Pendang to Sungai Petani, Permatang Pauh to Perai, Gopeng to Tapah, and Tanjung Malim to Sungai Buaya.
Meanwhile, traffic from the south – such as the Simpang Ampat to Seremban stretch – is also reported to be heavy but manageable.
“As for traffic within the Klang Valley, it is currently improving, although there was slower traffic conditions earlier this evening due to rainy weather,” the spokesperson added.
Meanwhile, in Kota Bharu, traffic along federal roads in Gua Musang district has eased, with congestion reduced to just five kilometres as of 10 pm.
Gua Musang police chief Supt Sik Choon Foo said the number of vehicles entering from the Gua Musang-Kuala Lipis border has dropped, and police have helped ease the congestion through traffic dispersal and redirection measures.
At the Pasir Puteh-Terengganu border, including the Tok Bali-Kuala Besut route, traffic was also reported to be smooth as of 10 pm.
Pasir Puteh police chief Supt Zaizul Rizal Zakaria said the flow has remained under control since this evening.
-- BERNAMA